Tuesday, July 13, 2010

At first glance

Kelsey Thomas

Beirut is a city full of surprises. It is amazing after the war and violence this city has experienced the people remain so kind. After traveling to Italy and France, I find that Lebanon has been the most welcoming. There is no judgment here based on my nationality. In all honesty I expected to be treated with anger and bitterness. Instead I find warmth, generosity, and kindness. I am not judged by the decisions a few Americans with political power have made. If all of the world could look past the decisions of a few and remained with such an open heart this planet would be a different place. A happier place. As we continue our adventure I am sure I will gain a deeper understanding of this curious place. I know when I get home I can change people’s ideas about Lebanon. I also hope in my future blogs I can go more in-depth and share  

No comments:

Post a Comment